Thursday, August 5, 2010

Survived the first week!

Today marks my second day of in-service and my second day of having BBQ for lunch.  The organizations who have been donating lunch must think that this part of town needs to experience their BBQ.  No problem for this Kansas City girl!

I feel like I have reverted back to college.  I am having to make new friends in a town where I know no one.  I have no dishwasher.  My dwelling is a questionable structure, but it's cheap!  And finally, I have to take my laundry to my parents house.  Except I am no longer the one earning an education - I'm giving it!  (While learning in the process, of course.)  Maybe college is so important because it sets you up for how the rest of your life will go...

The school district thus far is awesome.  The environment feels very supportive and I feel like I am being set up for success.  Check back with me in November after I have had my own classroom for a while and see if these feelings are still the same :)

And in completely unrelated news, this evening I learned that grasshoppers will inhabit your dining room curtains in order to shed their outer layer of [skin?].  Part of me said, "Gross!", while the other part said, "Whoa, how way totally cool, dude!..."

Tomorrow is a work day and then Threshing Days, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment