Friday, August 13, 2010

My Larynx Hurts

I OFFICIALLY SURVIVED MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER!  Write it down in the history books folks, this is an event worth celebrating.
PLUS I even want to go back on Monday!

My Speech classes went great.  I think this class will be so much fun for everyone.  Of course I've only met half of the classes -- but so far we got off to a great start.

Broadcasting was another story.  I don't know what I'm doing so I'm not very good at pretending like I know what I'm doing.  I think once I get past the "first-day-of-school" syndrome that I will be fine.  This group of students looks like it will be my first real challenge.

The thing that freaked me out on the inside a little was the constant administration coming in the class, standing at the door and staring at me.  Do I say hello?  Do I pretend they aren't there?  Do I make a joke about their tie?  I have not been in any school district where this was a common occurrence.  People tell me to invite them into classroom activity so that they won't come back... but that doesn't seem very proactive to me.  I have nothing to hide - come back and visit any time you want.  I like feedback.

So all this talk about school is kind of against my list of things I wasn't allowed to do tonight.  A wise coworker encouraged me to not do anything school-related on Friday nights so that I could have a night of mental freedom.  I guess I better stop talking about school!

No comments:

Post a Comment